Last Updated: September 30
- Conversion Update. Accordia Life continues to work closely with our third party administrator (TPA), Alliance-One Services, Inc. to address the outstanding concerns and follow-up activities related to the transition of policies from Athene. We would like to provide an update on the progress made since our field communication on September 1.
- New Client Profile Form Requirement. In an effort to further enhance our annuity suitability supervision process for non-grantor trusts and corporations purchasing an annuity, a new separate Client Profile Form has been created to be used specifically for these types of ownerships.
- Effective 09/23/15, the new Client Profile Form for Non-Grantor Trusts and Corporations (A1005CPIT) was made available on Forms Depot via eStation.
- Effective 10/26/15, the new Client Profile Form for Non-Grantor Trusts and Corporations (A1005CPIT) will be a good order requirement for all new business cases where the proposed owner is a non-grantor trust or corporation. Until then, we will continue to accept the generic Client Profile Form (IA1005) with these types of cases.
- Important Note: For all other types of ownerships, including natural entities and grantor trusts, please continue to use the generic Client Profile Form (IA1005) currently available.
- Signed Illustration Process Highlighted for Performance LTC. John Hancock currently requires a signed illustration with every Performance LTC application. John Hancock also requires a revised signed illustration prior to issue if there is a change to the premium during the new business process or if the client is requesting a reissue that changes the premium. New Business will accept a revised unsigned illustration prior to issue. This unsigned version will be included in the policy packet for the client and agent to sign on delivery. Please note if an updated illustration is required and not received prior to issue, John Hancock will not issue the policy.
- Introducing New Lower Rates on JH Term. Earn high marks from clients with lower premiums on Term. They can even get extra credit for healthy living! Our premiums are now more competitive than before. And with the John Hancock Vitality Program, your clients can save even more and earn valuable rewards and discounts by simply living a healthy life.
Legal & General
- We're Changing Express Mail Services. You Can Get in on the Discount! You've come to count on Legal & General America to set the pace for start-to-finish processing efficiencies. Adoption of digital alternatives often results in same-day delivery of documents. Even when paper is warranted, LGA's hard-to-beat cycle time lessens the importance of overnight delivery. On September 8, all LGA UPS overnight deliveries switch to FedEx two-day air.
Mutual of Omaha
- Trial Application Program. Mutual of Omaha's goal is to provide you with prompt service, competitive quotes and underwriting support. That's why we've created the trial application program.
- Agent License Number Required in Arkansas and California. All agents licensed and doing business in California and Arkansas are required to include their insurance license number on all insurance illustration proposals. A field will now be included on our Winflex software to meet this requirement. Please make sure this shows on your printout before submitting to the home office.
- New Limits on Symetra Level Term Life Insurance Informal Applications and Quick Quotes, Effective Oct. 15, 2015. To maintain our superior service levels and efficiently process your business, effective Oct. 15, 2015, we will only accept Informal Applications and Quick Quotes on Symetra Level Term with face amounts of $500,000 or more. Please note that our issue ages and face amounts for Level Term remain unchanged, and this new policy does not affect Quick Quotes or Informal Applications for our permanent products.
- Individual Life Customer Service Mailing Address Change. Effective Oct. 12, 2015, all general correspondence for existing Individual Life policies, including transactional inquiries, should be mailed to the following address: Symetra Life Insurance Company, Individual Life Division, PO Box 34690, Seattle, WA 98124-1690. For 12 months following the effective date, any correspondence sent to the current PO Box 7902, London, KY mailing address will be automatically forwarded to the Seattle address above. Customers should continue to mail premium payments to the following address: Symetra Life Insurance Company, PO Box 34815, Seattle, WA 98124. Later in the year, the mailing address for Individual Life New Business will also change. More details will be provided in the coming months. The addresses for Symetra office locations remain unchanged. If you have any questions, please contact our customer service staff at 1-800-796-3872.
- New Form Required on All Universal, Term and Final Expense Products in CA. A new Beneficiary/Additional Insured Information (BAII) supplemental form (DMF 2014) is required with applications on all Transamerica universal, term and Final Expense products. Note: TransNavigator® IUL does not require this new form. For state variations of the form, please visit TransACT® and click on Sales Tools, then on Transamerica Forms under eOrdering. Fill out the prompts for the specific product and state and you'll find it under DMF 2014. Transition Rules:
- If applications are signed on or before November 16, 2015, the new BAII Supplemental Form will not be required.
- If applications are signed between November 17, 2015 and January 2, 2016, the new form will be a delivery requirement for policy placement if the form was not returned prior to policy print.
- If applications are signed on or after January 3, 2016, the new form is needed prior to policy print.