This June, we're talking about business continuation. More people are starting their own businesses, especially online. Let's get ready to reach out and help them protect and pass on what they've built.
Succession planning is all about supporting a business's transition from one owner to the next. That transition might be planned, as in the case of retirement. Or it might be unplanned, if the owner becomes disabled or dies. No matter how it happens, it's going to happen eventually. Considering up to 60% of business owners have zero succession plans, there's a huge market we need to talk to about this.
What’s in the Kit
In this month's kit, we have a whopping 90 pages of resources to help you reach out to business owners and talk about things like key man policies, buy-sell agreements, and more.
Our FREE 90-page kit includes:
- 16-page business succession planning producer guide
- 9-page article on 3 levels of family business succession planning
- 3-page guide to model questions to ask business owners
- 2-page business continuation fact finder
- 14-page key person producer guide
- 3-page underwriting guide for key person coverage
- 11-page key person consumer guide
- 5-page personal key person (single-owner business) producer guide
- 4-page personal key person (single-owner business) consumer guide
- 8-page buy-sell agreement consumer guide
- 8-page buy-sell planning sales strategy
- 4-page unilateral buy-sell arrangement consumer guide
How to Use This Month’s Sales Kit
The first piece in the kit, a producer guide, will give you a quick overview of the issues at stake. From estate taxes to transferring a business to a family member, this guide will help you get up to speed on what you'll want to ask clients about.
Next, use the questions provided in two places in the kit to start a conversation with current business owners in your book of business. In the first piece (the producer guide that appears first in the kit), you'll find a list of questions to ask. Flip straight to page 13 of the kit if you want to start there. Then, take a look at the model questions on pages 34-36. These are grouped by topic, from business continuation and transfer to key person retention, competitive qualified retirement plans, and executive bonus plans. Finally, use the rest of the pieces in the kit to help you further the conversation. Use questions, facts, tidbits, and stats from all the pieces on social media, in emails, or in conversations with clients. Need help? We're just an email or phone call away. Our brokerage directors are happy to help with case design if needed.
Insureio Subscribers: Use Our Business Continuation Email Campaign
Are you an Insureio subscriber? If so, you can access June's pre-built email marketing campaign. It includes five emails that will be automatically delivered throughout the month. The emails introduce the concept of business continuation, from buy-sell to key man coverage. Each page links to corresponding content on your Insurance Division site, so your prospect can learn more at their own pace and contact you when they're ready. No hard sell required!
To preview the campaign:
- Click Marketing and then Marketing Campaigns from your left-hand navigation menu in Insureio.
- Scroll down and click June Newsletter Series: Business Continuation Planning (Monthly Focus Topic). You'll see the list of five pre-scheduled emails. Click any title to preview the template in a new browser tab.
Want to learn more about Insureio marketing campaigns, including how to enroll your clients and prospects? Click here for a complete tutorial in the Insureio Academy.